AOA Res. Champion Fleece!!!!
ARI# 32401738 D.O.B. 7/23/2012 (1 yr)
Huacaya, Male, True Black
1/2 Peruvian, 1/2 Chilean
Sire: 5C’s Cascade of Sparks | ARI# 31754859 | Medium Silver Grey
Dam: 5C’s Cereza Negra | ARI# 1017670 | True Black
Stud Fee • $1,250 Ask about intro offer
Contender——the son of our Cereza Negra and our Cascade of Sparks was one of those crias that you just know is special. Cereza has never disappointed us with the quality of her offspring, and the trend has certainly continued. This beautiful black male has one of the most consistent fleeces I have ever seen. His fleece is the same even down his legs and into his belly. Beautiful true black fleece that is fine, with brilliant shine, impressive staple length and consistent crimp across his body. His frame is solid and strong. All traits we seek in our herdsires.
This beautiful male is the first cria from our Cascade. This is proof that show wins are not the only thing to consider when choosing breedings. Cascade did well in the showring, despite a tender fleece. We knew he had the characteristics we wanted so we allowed him to prove he could pass those traits on. He has done just that and has earned the right to prove it again and again.
Contender entered his first show at the age of 7 months and was awarded a blue ribbon in a class of 11 black juvenile males. He continued the trend by taking the Res. Champion banner. We knew he was nice, but it is wonderful to have his attributes confirmed by a respected judge, Amanda Vandenbosch. Contender followed that with a 2nd place at the highly competitive MAPACA and a blue at PAOBA. The judge strongly considered Contender for a banner at PAOBA and raved about his potential during his remarks.
Fall 2013, Contender won the Blue in a very competitive class of 15 black males. Kevin O’Leary sent him forward immediately after evaluating Contender and only halfway through the class.
Contender WINS First and Reserve Champion in fleece at the 2014 AOA/World Fleece Show. He also placed 2nd in an extremely competitive halter class of 15. Many of the males in this class were multi-champion males themselves.
Another win for Contender. In a very competitive black class, Contender won blue and then went on to be awarded the Res Champ Black Male at Empire Extravaganza 2014.
Contender has begun his breeding career and we’ll see the results of that next spring. We can hardly wait to see his offspring.
See him at a show this Fall or Call to reserve your breedings today.
- Reserve Color Champion – Empire Extravaganza 2014 2yr black. Anderson
- First Place – Empire Extravaganza 2014
- Reserve Color Champion – MAPACA 2014 Black Male. Humphreys
- First Place – MAPACA 2014 yearling TB Male Humphreys
- Reserve Color Champion – AOA & World Fleece Show 2014 Black Munro
- First Place – AOA & World Fleece Show Black (juvie)
- Reserve Color Champion – Northeast Expo Black Male Pena
- Second Place – Northeast Expo Yearling Black Male Pena
- Second Place – AOA Halter Yearling TB Male Zimmerman
- First Place – PAOBA Breeders Showcase 2014 Yearling TB Male Timmerman
- First Place – Best of the US 2013 Vandenbosch
- First Place – PAOBA Breeder’s Showcase 2013 O’Leary
- First Place – NAAS 2014 Vandenbosch
- First Place – Empire Extravaganza 2014 O’Leary
- Second Place – MAPACA 2013 Buhrmann
- Second Place – VAOBA TB Yearling Buhrmann
- Fourth Place – MABA 2013 Humphreys